Presentation Requirements and Information
- Please use Microsoft PowerPoint for presentation and adhere to the provided ASHHRA created template.
- A speaker’s company logo may only be on the last slide and cannot alter the format of the ASHHRA approved PowerPoint template.
- Presentations are to be submitted through the speaker portal in eShow.
- For environmental purposes, ASHHRA will not print off slides, but we will have all slides on our mobile app. If a speaker wishes to have handouts, it is the speaker’s responsibility to provide [the handouts].
- Speakers are required to bring a copy of their presentation on a flash drive or disk as a back-up in the unlikely event that something should happen to ASHHRA’s copy. This is not to be used for unapproved changes, as we not only need to approve decks but also need them to mirror what is streamed in the mobile app.
- All final presentations are due on Monday, July 9, 2018. The presentation will be reviewed to ensure it meets ASHHRA best practices (see bottom of current page), it is educational in nature and it matches the session description. Should adjustments need to be made, ASHHRA will contact the speaker and request the appropriate changes be completed in a timely matter.
ASHHRA’S POWERPOINT PRESENTATION BEST PRACTICES
- Slides should be used as a guide to focus the audience’s attention, not as a script that is read from – Limit bullet points and text.
- Use professional colors and images to guarantee the slides are easy to view for the audience.
- Use high quality graphics.
- Avoid distracting or cartoon graphics.
- Limit transition and builds (animation)
- Use a minimum font size of 30.
- Remain consistent with font and text placement